News / बातमी
Additional Sessions Judge Robin Mogera, rejected Gandhi's application filed for relief against convection.
- Rahul Gandhi’s plea for an interim stay on his conviction in the criminal defamation case against him for his Modi surname remark has been dismissed by the Surat Sessions Court.
- This means that Gandhi continues to be disqualified as a Member of Parliament from the Lok Sabha.
- The order was pronounced by Additional Sessions Judge Robin Mogera, who rejected Gandhi’s application filed for relief pending his appeal against a lower court’s order sentencing him to two years in jail in the case.
- Gandhi had approached the sessions court on April 3 for an appeal against the lower court’s order. His lawyers had filed two applications, one for a stay on the sentence (or bail till the disposal of his appeal) and another for stay on conviction till the disposal of his appeal.
- The court will continue its hearing on Gandhi’s main plea against the lower court’s order.